Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Dangerous Game: Feedback

I read " The Dangerous Game" about 20 million times to analyze the text. Then, when we watched that 'bootleg' screenplay made by college students I thought, "What in the world." I'm my own right I could say that I am a PETA activist but who changes from killing animals to killing people? The general reminded me of Count Dracula, but in a eviler sense,all he needed was spiked black hair. The fighting scene by far just made me laugh out loud, it was hysterical I could make a better fighting scene than that and i'm 12!

In the sense of comparing the movie to the actual story, they were quite different. I always thought a movie based upon a story were both supposed to be similar, but in this case it wasn't. The only part that connected the story to the movie was when Rainsford is in a tree and the General finds him but doesn't acknowledge him, at this time he coudl assess the situation but he disregards it. He simply just smiles and walks away. I thought the author made a greeat literay choice in doing so because, it made continous questions pop into to my head: like why walk away, why didn't the general take him down right then and there...

~ Crystal C.

1 comment: